Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bib Number 44578

For those of you who don't know, I'm running the NYC Marathon again this year and the race is only a couple days away. I want to thank all those who contributed generously to Team Hole in the Wall, the charity that I am running with again this year, and to let you know that although I've reached my minimum it is never too late to make a donation. Please click here to be directed to my fundraising website.

One of the amazing things about running the marathon is seeing the thousands, if not millions, of people lining the route cheering us along. But while the throngs of supporters is motivating, nothing compares to seeing familiar faces in the crowd. If you're going to be among the crowd and want to better your chances of seeing me, or want to track my progress from wherever you are, you can click here to see the various options available to track runners in near real time using your cell/smart phones. I will once again be wearing my Team Hole in the Wall jersey (white with green sides and sleeves) and my bib number this year is 44578.

However, one thing I learned from 2010 is that it is far easier for me to find you than it may be for you to spot me among the 47,000+ runners passing by. So if you do plan to come out, please let me know where you'll be, which cross street and side of the course, and I'll keep an eye out for you. Also, while places like the areas along 4th Avenue in Brooklyn, First Avenue around the 59th Street Bridge, and Central Park are the popular sites for fans to gather, stretches in northern Manhattan and through Harlem (approximately mile 18 - 22) have way less spectators - making it easier to spot people - and is where support was most important for me last year.

Thank you all once again for your continued support and I'll be looking for you along the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment