Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm running the NYC Marathon and need YOUR help!

Dear Friends:

Last year, with your help, I had the experience of a lifetime riding from Tel Aviv to Eilat. This year, after thinking about it countless times, I’ve decided to run the New York City Marathon and am once again asking for your support.

In addition to training and preparing for the challenge of running 26.2 miles, I have committed to raising $3000 for Hole in the Wall Camps, who’s team I will be running with in what has come to be known as the worlds longest block party.

Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, every year Hole in the Wall Camps provide thousands of children with life-threatening illnesses a magical, life-changing experience. For one week, at no cost to their families, these kids are given the opportunity to live like kids and enjoy the simple pleasures of summertime. Hole in the Wall Camps also give these youngsters important tools – tools they can take into the world to help meet the challenge of serious illness long after their time at camp is over.

I attended three different sleep away camps and count my time at them as some of the happiest and meaningful of my childhood. The experiences and lessons learned in those summers helped me to become the adult I am today. Knowing the value of my time at camp, it was an easy decision for me to choose Team Hole in the Wall when I searched for a charity with which to run. I'm also sure Karen would have supported the organization's mission and my decision to join their team (even if she would think me crazy for wanting to run so far!)

But in order to run, I must first meet my goal and hope you will support me with a tax-deductible gift. I know these may be difficult financial times for some, but please consider giving even a modest amount as every bit puts me one step closer to getting me on the course. Click here to be directed to my fundraising page and then click “Support Andrew” on the upper right corner.

I also hope you will continue to support me, and all the runners, by coming out on November 7 to cheer us on along the route - if you've never seen the Marathon in person it really is something wonderful to be a part of.

My heartfelt thank you,

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment