Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thank You

I want to thank everyone who contributed to the bench in memory of Karen and James. Thanks to so many generous donations, the required amount has been reached and the Prospect Park Alliance is preparing to install the plaque. I am hopeful that it will be done before I leave for Israel and will post a note when it is place.

In keeping with this post's title, I also want to thank everyone who contributed in support of my bike ride in Israel. Today I passed the necessary minimum to allow me to ride. Now all I need to do is get myself, and my legs, prepared to pedal my bike from Tel Aviv to Eilat. I am not sure what my Internet connection will be while I'm riding, but will take loads of pictures and if not able to update daily will continue writing in my journal and post my Thinkerings when the ride is done.

The overwhelming support I've received for both these things, as well as the numerous contributions to Foundation Rwanda and gifts of food, etc., during Shiva, is humbling. People's inevitable first question when they see me is "how are you doing." Without the continued support of my family and friends, both emotionally and more tangibly, I don't think I could answer as I have been. Indeed, without it I fear I would be incapable of even formulating an answer. So in addition to my sincere gratitude for the donations you have all made, let me express my extreme and heartfelt thank you for every kind note, email, text message, prayer, or just thought to yourself that you've sent me. I awake in the morning and am able to go back into the world each day because of it.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Post a note? Take a picture of the bench and post that.

    I love sitting on the one we did for my late MIL. It makes me feel connected to her, and to the city, in a wonderful way. Sometimes sitting there makes me sad, but more often it makes me content.

    ReplyDelete